Monday, May 25, 2009

Hello Summer

Fact: Matt and I are obsessed with ice cream. On a six day vacation last summer we spent over $100 on ice cream. We may even subconsciously plan our vacations around it. I love California. One of the main reasons why? Pinkberry, of course. We love Italy; it's home to incredible art and history, but more importantly GELATO. We taper off on our frequent visits to the nearest creamery/gelateria/yogurt/ice cream shop when it's snowing, so moving to a state that's warm all year made me a little nervous. I mean, a girl can't eat ice cream all the time without paying for it (mostly in the booty). Our northern friends would be proud of our self control these past seven months.  However, Memorial Day marks the start of summer and (holla holla) ICE CREAM season! 

                                                             Yup, we certainly indulged.


We didn't eat ice cream the whole weekend though. We did plenty of other summery activities. On Friday Emma and I got season passes to Busch Gardens and spent the day with a couple friends hanging out at the park. There's so much to do, and it's pretty much our new favorite place. The only downside to the day was when Emma pooped her wet little pants playing in some fountains. It wasn't the first time in the last couple weeks that I've ended up with her poo smeared on me though. Hmmm, life is hard. I don't have any pictures from it, (Busch Gardens day- not the poopy incident) but I do have a super cute video of the car ride there. It's on the other computer though. I'll put it up later.

Emma had her first carousel ride this weekend. She sat at the top of the double-decker, which left her wussy parents feeling dizzy. She was so serious during the ride we weren't sure if she liked it but babbled all about it when it was over. She also had fun playing with all the other little mini mall rats. Excuse her dress/leggings combo btw. It was getting chilly and I just grabbed the first thing I saw. Good thing she's just so naturally cute.
Sunday evening we headed back to Busch Gardens with friends, and Matt was able to experience the magic. We're debating whether it's better than Disney. So far, I say yes. We'll see. It has some great rollercoasters. I'm pretty sure the last time I went on a rollercoaster was almost four years ago when we went to Cedar Point for our first anniversary. Anywho...we introduced the kids to some jungle animals, ate dinner, and then decided to have some adult fun (um, riding rollercoasters duh). Matt and Jarrod went on first while Hayley and I watched the kids (directly under the rollercoaster might I add) giving us plenty of time to get nervous. I was anticipating the huge drop and Hayley was anticipating throwing up her spaghetti dinner. It was so fun though, and there was no throwing up or passing out. I'd say a successful day.

Monday morning Matt took care of Emma for awhile, so I could sleep a little before he went golfing. Almost a fair trade. Then we hung out with Matt's parents and brother for the afternoon, and headed out to the scrub for an evening hike. FL needs to grow some mountains. That's one thing about this state that I really don't like. It was a beautiful night though. Perfect weather. The sandy path kept me hoping that we would reach the ocean, but alas there are still no oceans in central FL. Darn.




Happy Memorial Day, folks.

1 comment:

Issakainen said...

My niece is so stinkin' cute!