Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This Ain't No Neverland

Yesterday as I was putting away groceries, Emma picked up a few rolls of toilet paper, threw a piece of construction paper across them, grabbed a bear-friend and a couple of spoons, and had a big slice of birthday cake, Peter Pan style.  She doesn't have to sit around brainstorming to come up with ideas to create something; she just does it effortlessly and often. It's so strange because I know that her mind comprehends new ideas in concrete terms. She doesn't have much ability to think through concepts abstractly, but she can take concrete images and view them in abstract terms. Weird. I wish I tackled life as creatively as my two-year old.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Don't we all wish we could tackle life as a two year at one time or another? Everything is so fresh and new. I'm visiting from the {in}courage community...I'm a new follower.